Editing the synthesis parameters
The synthesis parameters can be divided into:
general optimization parameters (for combinatorial and sequential circuits);
parameters specific for the sequential circuits;
parameters specific for the
(not yet available for modifying into the grafic version
dgc_gui, they are
available only with the not graphical version of the program:
To modify the synthesis parameters:
Choose from the main menu
Select the required ones from the "Synthesis Parameters..." dialog box;
In the picture of the "Synthesis Parameters..." dialog box are shown the default values for these parameters.
The following synthesis parameter are avilable:
- 2 level minimization
- Minimizes the boolean expression before creating the generic netlist.
- Multi level optimization
- Tries to find common subexpressions before creating the generic netlist.
- Net cache optimization
- Collects common subexpressions while creating the generic netlist.
- Generic cell optimization
- Applies several algorithms to reduce the generic netlist.
- Technology optimization
- Applies several algorithms after technology mapping.
- State machine type
- DGC can create synchronous or asynchronous (burst-mode) state
- Reset type
- Selects how to reset the state machine. This option is valid for
synchronous and asynchronous state machines.
- Delay correction
- Only for asynchronous state machines: Disable the delay correction
of the feedback lines. This will probably create an invalid digital circuit.
- Use output as feedback lines
- Only for asynchronous state machines: Use output lines for state encoding
of asynchronous state machines.
- Delay path construction
- Create additional delay chain with a delay that is larger than the
longest path of the design.
This document was generated
by Oliver Kraus on May, 22 2002